Show Review & Photos: Porter Robinson with Giraffage @ WaMu Theater

Porter Robinson with Giraffage @ WaMu Theater, 8/29 Show Review & Photos by John Rudolph Porter Robinson Music means different things to different people. To some, it’s the complex beauty of an 80-piece orchestra. To others, it’s the let your hair down rawness and storytelling of a blues riff. To the fans of Porter Robinson, […]

Photos: The Westerlies @ Chapel Performance Space

The Westerlies?? That’s what I said too until I learned that they are an incredibly talented Indie Jazz brass quartet based in New York, originating from Seattle. The Westerlies have been publicly recognized by some of music’s brightest luminaries like Wynton Marsalis and Feist. On Monday night they performed for a packed Chapel Performance Space […]

Photos: Slightly Stoopid & Stephen Marley w/G. Love & Special Sauce @ Marymoor Park

This July Slightly Stoopid returned to Marymoor Park for the first time since Washington State legalized recreational marijuana use. Not that there was anything like that going on during the show – nothing like that happening. I kid. The event’s more than just an excuse to party – although that’s fine too – but a […]

Show Review & Photos: Grouplove, Portugal. The Man & Typhoon @ Marymoor Park

Grouplove & Portugal. The Man (with Typhoon) @ Marymoor Park, 8/10 Review by Atticus George-Andrijeski Photos by Dan Rogers Grouplove I was very excited when I first heard that Portugal. The Man and Grouplove would be playing Marymoor this summer. I’m not a particularly big fan of Grouplove, but have always been told they put […]