Photos: Bumbershoot – Day 1 w/ Naomi Wachira & Fly Moon Royalty

Naomi Wachira and Fly Moon Royalty, two Seattle acts, had some serious exposure at this year’s Bumbershoot. Wachira, who comes from Kenya originally, played the Starbucks Stage, while duo Fly Moon Royalty appeared on the Fisher Green Stage. Fly Moon Royalty is currently on a nationwide tour – definitely catch them if they come to […]

Show Review & Photos: Kawehi, Julia Massey & Susy Sun @ Barboza

Kawehi, Julia Massey & Susy Sun @ Barboza, 8/25/14 Show Review & Photos by Michelle Woods Kawehi One-woman musician and performer, Kawehi (aka: I am Kawehi), headlined on a Monday night at Barboza and drew in a very engaged crowd. A live looping artist and musician, Hawaiian native who is currently living in LA, Kawehi […]

Review: Heart @ the 75th Anniversary of the Showbox

Heart @ Showbox at the Market, 9/18/14 Show Review & Photos by John Rudolph Thursday night, September 18th was an extremely good night. I had the privilege of seeing Rock and Roll Hall of Famers, Heart play for the second time this year. Heart rocked an intimate yet enthusiastic crowd at the 75th anniversary of […]

Show Review & Photos: Xiu Xiu, Circuits des Yeux & Newaxeyes @ Barboza

Xiu Xiu, Circuits des Yeux & Newaxeyes @ Barboza, 8/5/14 Review by Nick Nihil Photos by Dagmar Xiu Xiu Before I get into the music let me first get this message out: if you’ve paid to get into a music venue for a show featuring live musicians, please SHUT UP. Music venues, particularly small ones […]