Bumbershoot – Day 1 w/ the Lonely Forest

Bumbershoot – Day 1 w/ the Lonely Forest Show Review by Abby Williamson Photos by Simon Krane, Kirk Stauffer & Abby Williamson The Lonely Forest‘s John Van Deusen – photo by Abby Williamson This whole story may sound like déjà vu, and that’s because it is. I thought the last time I was going to […]

Show Review & Photos: Walking Papers, the Mothership & Tango Alpha Tango

Walking Papers, the Mothership & Tango Alpha Tango @ the Crocodile, 9/19/14 Review by Ira Leonard Photos by Dagmar Duff McKagan & Jeff Angell of Walking Papers On Friday, September 19th, a sold out audience at the Crocodile Café bore witness to the triumphant return of Walking Papers, featuring some of the Pacific Northwest’s most […]

Photos and Review: Sloan @ The Tractor

Sloan (Jay Ferguson / Chris Murphy / Patrick Pentland / Andrew Scott) played some good ole Rock and Roll at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard on Monday night. Like most of you, I didn’t know anything about Sloan but they are immensely talented and accomplished. Originating from Halifax, Nova Scotia, they (according to a Chart […]

Show Review & Photos: Swans w/ Carla Bozulich @ Showbox at the Market

Swans with special guest Carla Bozulich, 9/4/2014 Review by Nick Nihil Photos by Dagmar Swans‘ Michael Gira Carla Bozulich has always been an odd one. I mean that in the best way. Touring with a trio, which she says is incredibly difficult for her material, she began the show hopping around on stage as a […]