Show Review: My Brightest Diamond & Rabbit Rabbit @ the Crocodile

My Brightest Diamond & Rabbit Rabbit @ the Crocodile, 12/6/14 Review by Nick Nihil My Brightest Diamond Those familiar with the dominant traits that are my general nihilism and emotionally stultified sense of expression know that I can also become giddy as a white five -year-old princess under the right stimulus. Given to effusive histrionics […]

Book Review: David J. Haskins’ Who Killed Mr. Moonlight? Bauhaus, Black Magic and Benediction

David J. Haskins‘ Who Killed Mr. Moonlight? Bauhaus, Black Magic and Benediction Review by J. Price The demographic loitering in Elliott Bay Book Company on a recent November evening shared a penchant for somber colors and detectable traces of a rock ‘n’ roll past. They were patiently awaiting a reading and brief performance by David […]

Photos: Capital Cities, Cherub & Night Terrors of 1927 @ Showbox SoDo

On November 16th Capital Cities, a distinctive duo (Ryan Merchant and Sebu Simonian) from Los Angeles, brought the Sky is Falling Down Tour to Showbox SoDo in Seattle. For live performances they are joined by additional musicians, including trumpet player Spencer Ludwig. Authors of one of the biggest songs to come out in the last […]

Show Review & Photos: Suicide Girls Blackheart Burlesque @ Showbox at the Market

Suicide Girls Blackheart Burlesque @ Showbox at the Market, 12/3/14 Show Review & Photos by John Rudolph Inked Magazine and Suicide Girls joined forces to bring us a 46-stop Blackheart Burlesque tour. Suicide Girls is a 13-year-old site that caters to young, attractive alt-pin-up girls. The photographs on Suicide Girls site are stunning and the […]