Photos and Review: Cherry Poppin’ Daddies @ Jazz Alley

I had the pleasure of attending and photographing the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies show at Jazz Alley Thursday night. Yeah you guessed right, the “Zoot Suit Riot” guys. These guys are as fun as they were in the ’90s. I say still but they never really stopped touring and Thursday’s show demonstrated that. Normally when a […]

Photos: Temples & Drowners @ Neumos

With a buzz surrounding them not seen in some time, Great Britain’s Temples sold out Neumos in April. The trippy and psychedelic (and awesome) quartet made only their first appearance in Seattle with this date, and they’ll return in September for a show at the Neptune. They were joined by New York’s Drowners, who recently […]

Photos: Goat @ Neumos

Sweden’s Goat caused quite the uproar with their unearthly music and creative garb when they appeared at Neumos. The band, who recently signed to Sub Pop Records, draw on a spooky psychedelic vibe. They’ll return to the States for a few more dates this month; prepare yourself by getting a copy of their single, “Dreambuilding.” […]

Sasquatch: Day One with Mary Lambert, Kithkin, Die Antwoord, Kongos, Eugene Mirman, Phantogram & More

Sasquatch 2014, Day One Show Review & Photos by Abby Williamson Mary Lambert This was my fifth year covering the Sasquatch Music Festival, and I guess I could say that it started out like any other year, just a few hours earlier. This year the premier Pacific Northwest music mecca downsized to Friday through Sunday, […]