Show Review & Photos: Black Star & THEESatisfaction @ Showbox SoDo

Black Star & THEE Satisfaction @ Showbox SoDo Review & photos by Ellie Mansfield Black Star, which is composed of Mos Def and Talib Kweli are always animated and full of life. Their enthusiasm and intensity never wained and neither did their clear pleasure of interacting with the audience. Showbox SoDo is a tight venue, […]

Photos: Mastodon, The Dillinger Escape Plan & Red Fang @ Showbox SoDo

Mastodon headlined Showbox SoDo on November 6th, with support from The Dillinger Escape Plan and Red Fang – that is one super amazing triple bill. The Hunter, Mastodon’s 2011 release, features one of the best album covers of the year. The always excellent Alex Crick contributes some cool shots of the show: Mastodon The Dillinger […]

Photos: Uproar Festival w/ Bullet for My Valentine & Black Tide

We’re close to wrapping up the band portion of our Uproar Festival coverage – courtesy of Heather Fitzpatrick and Geoffrey Gribbin – with photos of Bullet for My Valentine and Black Tide. The Welsh quartet Bullet for My Valentine is currently working on their fourth album, while Black Tide will return to Seattle on December […]

Show Review & Photos: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Anders Osborne & Eldridge Gravy @ Neumos 11/4

Since the first time I saw Karl Denson perform in 2003 at Bumbershoot I realized that he would never ever disappoint the crowd. Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe (KDTU) performed The Rolling Stones’ album Sticky Fingers in its entirety, giving a well meshed combination of classic songs paired with funky KDTU beats. KDTU built the energy […]