Show Review & Photos: UPROAR @ White River Amphitheatre

On 9/25/2010 Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival invaded White River Amphitheatre for the very first time. Many of the bands were new to me, so I was really anxious to check it out. New Medicine was a great surprise. Their set was fun, and they had just enough edge to fit in with the rest […]

Show Review & Photos: Screeching Weasel @ Showbox at the Market

I don’t really know what to say about this show other than I’ve waited literally 13 years for it to happen – and it was completely worth the wait. ¬†Screeching Weasel were one of my favorite bands throughout high school (and beyond). ¬†Their fun, gritty brand of power chord pop punk was the soundtrack to […]

Bumbershoot: Brent Amaker and BOAT

If you have yet to see Brent Amaker and the Rodeo, you’re missing out something fierce. This guy has attitude out the ying yang and a lovely female assistant that answers his every whim (for prep on-stage anyway). His sound is exactly as you’d expect; a fun combo of country and rockabilly. It’s not just […]

Bumbershoot: David Bazan KEXP Lounge & Fences

Two exceptionally talented local solo artists added in backing bands for their Bumbershoot appearances. David Bazan never fails to hush an audience with his beautiful voice and heartfelt words; his KEXP lounge show was just one more example. Fences played his set at the EMP skychurch stage. He had some major musician swap-outs in his […]