Photos: Foster The People @ Deck The Hall Ball

One thing that you must admit about Foster The People is that their songs tend to be catchy. And Mark Foster’s experience as a jingle writer probably has something to do with why we find ourselves singing “Pumped Up Kicks” and “Helena Beat” while in the shower. (Maybe that is just me…overshare?) Foster The People […]

Photos: Priscilla Ahn @ the Triple Door

The Triple Door featured Priscilla Ahn for her Seattle appearance on October 16th. Ahn released her second album, When You Grow Up, in May 2011 (engineer Dominic Monks is credited on the album for his stomping – nice)! Photographer Kirk Stauffer returned from Priscilla Ahn’s show with some lovely shots:

Show Review & Photos: Thee Oh Sees & Total Control @ the Crocodile

Photos & Show Review: Thee Oh Sees and Total Control @ The Crocodile by Marianne Spellman If you were in the Seattle area and could have benefitted from the restorative and detoxifying benefits of a visit to the sauna, you really should have been in attendance at the Crocodile to see garage rock’s most bitchen […]

Show Review & Photos: Hey Marseilles, Nick Jaina & Bryan John Appleby @ the Neptune

Hey Marseilles at the Neptune Review and photos by Abby Williamson For my first show at the newly minted Neptune Theater in the University District, I chose Hey Marseilles for that honor. It had been over a year since the last time I saw them, and when I heard that they would be playing the […]