Bumbershoot 2011, Day 2 w/ Jessica Lea Mayfield, Mad Rad & Tennis

Summer may be almost over, but it was a warm one at the Seattle Center! The BEST hair of Bumbershoot: photos by Amber Barni It band, Tennis gave a surprisingly rocking show.  And the guitarist Patrick Riley resembled Franz Ferdinand’s frontman Alex Kapranos – never a bad thing, IMO. Tennis – photos by Amber Barni […]

Photos: Bumbershoot 2011, Day 2 w/ Kris Orlowski, Wagons, and PS I Love You

Seattle finally found its blue sky, just in time for Bumbershoot: Kris Orlowski was described as a troubadour, but when I saw the cello, violin, drums, guitar, etc. –I was hooked. Wagons hark from Australia–by way of the deep southern USA.  I created the genre “nerdish country” just for them.

Photos and Review: Dave Matthews Band @ The Gorge Ampitheatre

I had the good fortune to see and photograph The Dave Matthews Band at The Gorge on Sunday night. The amphitheatre was packed for 3 days with the largest and most enthusiastic crowd that I had ever seen there. Dave and the boys eased onto the stage in their laid-back style and the crowd was […]

Cloud Cult & The Wilderness of Manitoba at The Neptune Theater, Seattle August 25, 2011

It was a lovely Seattle summer evening but there were Clouds in the forecast. The alternative art-rockers, Cloud Cult visited the PNW, bringing their unique live music/art show to the newly renovated Neptune Theater.  I was a few minutes late and walked into the sounds of the opening band, The Wilderness of Manitoba already on […]

Show Review & Photos: Unity Tour – 311 + Sublime With Rome @ Marymoor Park – August 26, 2011

The planets aligned, the meaning of life was revealed and, in the immortal words of comedian Bill Hicks, my third eye was squeegeed quite cleanly. That was just from the contact high. In all honesty, of the countless shows I have been to over the years I have never seen and smelled as many people […]