Photos: Bumbershoot w/ Superchunk, Redd Kross & Kinky

We’re stepping a little back into our time capsule for some photos of this year’s Bumbershoot festival. North Carolina’s Superchunk, a band with serious staying power, was just one of the acts Simon Krane ventured out to photograph. Also on his list? Redd Kross and Kinky, two other bands who have indeed withstood the music […]

Photos: LIZ @ Neumos

LIZ, an awesome singer from California, was one of Charli XCX’s openers at Neumos. With two singles out already on Mad Decent (label of Diplo, Zeds Dead), her music recalls the good parts of all those ’90s popular R&B songs – for real. We want her back in Seattle! LIZ – photos by Kirk Stauffer

Photos: Janelle Monáe w/ Roman GianArthur @ Showbox SoDo

The expressive and talented Janelle Monáe charmed fans at Showbox SoDo last Wednesday. Three albums into her career, she’s been nominated for – and won – many awards. She’s also one wonderful COVERGIRL. With her was label mate and musical collaborator Roman GianArthur. All photos by Dana Pleasant: Janelle Monáe Roman GianArthur

Photos and Review: Ayron Jones and The Way with Sir Mix-A-Lot @ Neumos

I personally had never heard of Aryon Jones and The Way until recently when my friend Mike brought them to my attention and let me tell you, they are a fantastic discovery! Ayron Jones (Ayron Jones on vocals and lead guitar, DeAndre Enrico on bass , Kai Van DePitte on drums) absolutely tore up Neumos […]