Show Review & Photos: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals & ZZ Ward @ ZooTunes

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals & ZZ Ward @ ZooTunes, July 18th Review by Jimmy Lovaas – Photos by Matt Lamb & Jimmy Lovaas Grace Potter and the Nocturnals – photo by Matt Lamb Grace Potter and the Nocturnals played to a diverse crowd at the third concert of the BECU ZooTunes summer concert series […]

Show Review & Photos: Tempting Tarts Burlesque @ the Rendezvous

Tempting Tarts Burlesque Present: Live From New York! @ the Rendezvous Theater, July 13th Show Review & Photos by Jimmy Lovaas All good shows should start off with a mustachioed man doing “Dick in a Box” and end with a Catholic schoolgirl humping a houseplant. Luckily for the audience at the Tempting Tarts burlesque show […]

Photos: Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival w/ Slayer, Motörhead, Anthrax, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, I, The Breather & Betraying the Martyrs@ White River Ampitheatre

Photographer Josh Daniels, brand new to Back Beat Seattle and a welcome addition, headed to this year’s Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival and returned with some very cool shots of Slayer, Motörhead, Anthrax, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, I, The Breather and Betraying the Martyrs. The festival continues through August […]

Photos: Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators @ Showbox SoDo

On Friday, July 13th Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators appeared at Showobox SoDo. Apocalyptic Love, Slash’s second album but first with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, hit stores last May. The album features Myles Kennedy, Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz – they’ll tour through November 2012. Oh, and Slash also recently did an […]

Show Review & Photos: Quintron and Miss Pussycat @ Chop Suey

The Party in the Swamp – Quintron and Miss Pussycat @ Chop Suey, July 6th Review by Blake Madden Photos by Dagmar It was perhaps nine years ago during a Quintron show at New York’s Knitting Factory that a male member of the audience stripped completely nude, danced his way over to a wall, and […]