Photos: Coheed and Cambria, Between the Buried and Me & Russian Circles @ Showbox SoDo

On Tuesday, February 19th, Showbox SoDo had New York’s Coheed and Cambria as headliners. Coheed and Cambria’s latest releases are the ambitious – and awesome – 2 part albums, The Afterman: Ascension and The Afterman: Descension. If you don’t know, singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez writes science fiction, and his stories provided the plot for the two […]

Photos: Sound Off! 2013 Semifinals #2 @ EMP

Puyallup, Washington’s SHEBEAR beat the competition in Sound Off! 2013‘s Semifinals #2, which were held at EMP on February 16th. The only definite band they’ll face in the finals is Semifinals #1 winner, the Fame Riot; Dave B. and Maiah Manser secured wild card spots. Tomorrow, February 23rd Semifinals #3 goes down at EMP at […]

Show Review & Photos: Lewis Black @ the Paramount

Lewis Black Wants America to Get Off His Damn Lawn Live at The Paramount 2/1/13 Review by Blake Madden Photos by Alex Crick Lewis Black In stature, Lewis Black more resembles your high school history teacher than an unhinged firebrand. In fact, watch the scene in Rodney Dangerfield’s Back To School where the late great […]

Show Review & Photos: Tristan Prettyman @ the Triple Door

Tristan Prettyman @ the Triple Door, 1/27/13 Show Review by Heather Fitzpatrick Photos by Heather Fitzpatrick & Kirk Stauffer It seemed that each time Tristan Prettyman (singer-songwriter from San Diego) came to town, I always had something going on. I’ve been a fan since 2005, when she released her first CD, Twentythree, and I still […]