Photos: Capitol Hill Block Party – Day 1, Friday w/ Telekinesis, Danny Brown, Fly Moon Royalty, The Intelligence, Soft Metals, Grave Babies & William Tyler

Capitol Hill Block Party, Day 1 – Friday, July 26th Review & Photos by Abby Williamson Fly Moon Royalty‘s Adra Boo This being my first time at Capitol Hill Block Party, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. And considering that my first impression was Friday’s frat boy fest, I’m surprised I […]

Photos: Sub Pop Records’ Silver Jubilee

Sub Pop Records’ Silver Jubilee – that’s silver for 25 years if you’re wondering – took over a nice chunk of Georgetown on July 13th. Let your flannel fly as you have a look at Simon Krane‘s shots of Pissed Jeans, Metz and more. Big salute to Simon for braving the crowds. Pissed Jeans Clipping […]

Photos: Mudhoney @ Neumos

If you were lucky you caught Mudhoney’s performance at Neumos back on March 30th. The band also recently played right on top of Seattle’s Space Needle to celebrate record label Sub Pop’s silver jubilee. It’s great to see such a huge band play local shows; all lovely photos by Geoffrey Gribbin: Mudhoney

Photos: Queensrÿche & the Voodoos @ the Moore

Behold Alex Crick‘s photos of Queensrÿche performing songs from Operation: Mindcrime, and other tunes at the Moore Theatre. Queensrÿche, including original singer Geoff Tate, are celebrating the 25th anniversary of Operation: Mindcrime, and the band heads for sunnier climates of California in August for a string of dates. Opening for the June 29th show were […]